Ballywalter Park Conservatory, Co. Down

Client: The Lord Dunleath

The conservatory was added to Ballywalter Park around 1863, a Victorian addition to the earlier house, itself remodelled in the Italianate style by Sir Charles Lanyon around 1850. The most recent restoration work to this Grade A listed building, which was completed in July 2009 at a contract value of approximately £637,000, marked one of the final phases of work to the mansion and its splendid parkland setting.

More

Camellia House, Shane's Castle

Client: Shane’s Castle Estate

The Grade A listed Camellia House at Shane’s Castle Estate was built between 1812 and 1816 and its design is accredited to John Nash. The south elevation consisting of a series of semi-circular arches set on elaborate clustered colonettes. The original windows and cast iron roof structure was restored along with joinery and masonry repairs. The work was completed in 2009 and was Highly Commended by the Irish Georgian Society in 2011.

More