Church House is a Grade B1 listed building occupying an entire city-centre block. It was built in 1900 to designs by Young and McKenzie in a loose style. In 2006, Alastair Coey Architects was appointed to prepare a comprehensive condition report on the external fabric of the building. An extensive project commenced in 2008, completed in 2010. Work involved extensive stonework repairs, refurbishment of windows, repairs to roofs, restoration of copper openwork spire and provision of roofspace extensions.