Gracehill Moravian Church, along with the conjoined Manse and Warden’s House, is situated in the Gracehill Conservation Area, the ﬁrst designated conservation area in Northern Ireland. Gracehill village was established as a Moravian Settlement in 1759 when land was leased and later purchased outright from Lord O’Neill. The church itself, built in 1765, is Grade A listed and remains the only Moravian Settlement in Ireland.
In 2007, Alastair Coey Architects were commissioned to carry out a detailed condition survey of the Church, Manse, Warden’s House and boundaries, which enabled an assessment of the existing building fabric. The scheme, involving refurbishment of windows and doors, external and internal plasterwork, re-slating and associated leadwork, and upgrading of mechanical and electrical installations was carried out in 2010 to an approximate value of £279,000. Grant assistance was awarded by the Northern Ireland Environment Agency and other independant grant awarding bodies.