The Carnegie Library in Bangor was built between 1908 and 1910 to designs by Ernesty L Woods in the Arts and Crafts style. The scheme, completed in 2008, was developed by Alastair Coey Architects in conjunction with the SEELB Architects Department. External restoration involved re-slating, stone and brick repairs and refurbishment of rainwater goods and windows. Internal remodelling of the original building provided level access at first floor level. A new three storey return building replacing the original south block, connected to the original building via a glazed link.