White Lodge is a mid-Victorian detached three-bay single-storey former merchants house in east Belfast. The existing house was U-shaped in plan with a two-storey coach house to rear, built, c.1876. Alastair Coey Architects were appointed in 2011 to oversee the restoration of this Grade B2 former merchant’s house which had been derelict and in a state of disrepair for some years. The restoration of this derelict lodge included demolition of the former coach house to rear and the construction of a new two-storey extension on the same building footprint. The extension is contemporary in design with zinc clad barrel roof and powder-coated aluminium windows. The open plan modern interior compliments the existing fabric of the original building. Alastair Coey Architects prepared a detailed survey of the existing house and grounds and preparation of existing drawings to engage in initial discussions with the NIEA. Once the way ahead had been agreed proposed drawings were issued in a listed building consent and full planning application for which approval was quickly received. Full working drawings were prepared and Building Control Approval was received promptly without complication. The contract was started in October 2013 and was completed in December 2014 within the agreed contract timescale and budget.